IBPS PO 2020 Exam will be conducted on October 3, 4, and 10, 2020 by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS PO exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee in various public sector banks in India. IBPS PO 2020 examination will be held in three phases – Preliminary and Main exam followed by Interview Round. IBPS PO 2020 Main Exam is scheduled for November 28, 2020. As per IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility, candidates possessing a bachelor’s degree are eligible to appear for the banking recruitment exam.
● IBPS PO 2020 Application Form will tentatively be released on August 7, 2020.
● The application fee is INR 600 for General, OBC, EWS categories and INR 100 for SC, ST, and PwD candidates.
● As per IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern, the prelims exam will be a one-hour long online test having 100 MCQs of 1 mark each.
● There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
● IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus for prelims exam includes English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
● Candidates will have to clear sectional and overall IBPS PO Cutoffs to qualify the exam.
● The qualified candidates will have to appear for IBPS PO Main exam followed by interview round.
● The final merit list will be based on performances in the Main exam and interview in 80:20 ratio.
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria determined by IBPS before registering for the banking exam. The basic eligibility regarding nationality, educational Qualification, and age are mentioned below:
To appear for IBPS PO 2020, a candidate must be any of the following:
● A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
● The degree/ mark sheet should be dated earlier than August 28, 2020.
● General category applicants’ age should be more than 20 years but less than 30 years as on August 1, 2020.
● There is an age relaxation provision for various reserved categories as per government of India’s reservation norms.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern comprises of three stages viz. Preliminary exam, Main exam and Interview Round. The exam pattern varies at different stages of exams. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability sections are found in both prelims and main exam but the level of difficulty varies. In addition to the mentioned sections, Main exam also has a General Awareness and computer aptitude section. IBPS PO 2020 exam will be organized in online mode. Prelims is just a qualifying exam, it is not counted in the final result. Selection of candidates depends upon the score obtained in Main exam and Interview.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern for Prelims
● Mode of Examination– Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO will be conducted in online mode.
● Number of Sections- There are 3 sections in IBPS PO Prelims viz. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
● Duration of Exam- The exam will be of 1 hour (60 minutes).
● Nature of Questions- Questions in the exam will be objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
● Marking Scheme– Each question will carry 1 mark. Also, there is a provision of negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer, 0.25 mark would be deducted.
● Language of Exam- For English section, the questions will be set in English Language only, rest of the sections will be offered in English and Hindi languages.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern for Mains
● Mode of Examination– IBPS PO Main will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
● Number of Sections– There are 4 sections in IBPS PO Main exam viz. English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. IBPS PO Main Exam will have a Descriptive Paper having 2 questions- Letter Writing and Essay writing.
● Duration of Exam: - The exam will be of 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for objective paper and 30 minutes for descriptive paper).
● Nature of Questions– There will be 155 multiple choice questions and 2 written questions. Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of IBPS PO covers a vast range of subjects, wherein English and Quantitative Aptitude are at the elementary level while Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness are at the competitive examination level.
Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination
Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning
Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles
Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs. Static GK
Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input Output devices, Computer Shortcuts